Tuesday 1 March 2022

March 1


Visitors 

For me, living a normal life again has brought many rewards; many much missed freedoms, none more appreciated than welcoming visitors.

Despite the comfort and safety in Sunrise there were weeks, sometimes months, of loneliness to be overcome.

I look occasionally at me on television welcoming Robert and Ria at Sunrise after months of lockdown. Sitting in a gazebo in the front garden laughing and chatting. 

A rare pleasure which I shall replay whenever I start to think back on those unique pandemic years.

Yesterday was even better, proof  of my new life. My granddaughter Ria came again, this time with four year old Claudia. Her sister Rosa was at a birthday party. Both girls had enjoyed visits to Sunrise.

We had fun in my new home, making special ice creams and, a big treat, the short trip down to the Penarth pier, Claudia beside me as I drove my scooter, and a call in at the tiny sweet shop. 

A few days ago  Karen came again. Another marvellous day, lunch, shopping and, as usual, good advice.

This weekend  am going to the Yacht Club for lunch with Brenda and Ivor who have been regular visitors, not just recently, but for the many months in Sunrise.

I never felt lonely there but this is a different world and I am loving it.






  




the front garden. I will be replaying that scene for years.pl

No comments:

Post a Comment