Sunday 13 March 2022

March 13,

 March 13

Looking ahead

It may sound presumptive but I have just taken out annual travel insurance for Europe.

I am hoping, over the next year, to take advantage of it.

I am optimistic as I am fitter and more mobile now than for some years.

I am always very careful at home and when going out which I  am finding much easier, far better than just a few months ago, a reason for optimism.

Where might I go? Possibly a short cruise. My last one, booked for March 2020, the month the pandemic started, was cancelled and I held on for months, hoping cruises would restart but finally had my money back.

Rosemary and I enjoyed many cruises, the last, six years ago, Christmas in the Caribbean, when Beverley emailed us the news of Rosa’s birth.

Since then I have taken one cruise on my own from Southampton which is convenient and easy to reach.

There are excellent facilities for handicapped people there including wheelchair assistance boarding, booking in - taken direct to your cabin - and disembarking, making it safe and easy.

In recent years as we stopped going on shore excursions we always had balcony cabins which made it very enjoyable.

I like looking ahead, so you never know!






















I








No comments:

Post a Comment