Wednesday 23 March 2022

Holiday time

Holiday time

It’s sunny and already warm, and I am sitting in the lounge at 24 White Hart Close.The first day of my mini holiday, the first break for three years. And everything is working out 

Robert and Karen had booked a room at the nearby White Hart Inn, where I enjoyed the first of my four nights. Very comfortable easy and safe for me. 

Robert called to take me ‘home’ for dinner and I had a chat with Owen about his plans before he went to prepare for his exam today. Played chase the ball - in the lounge - with Rufus.

It was lovely to be back with them; so many memories. Karen has worked out a holiday programme for me. Today we are off to the lakes where Owen goes sailing and then on to show me his school.

It’s going to be an exiting few days, something  I could never have imagined a few months ago. 

A world away from being in a care home.

No comments:

Post a Comment