Wednesday 16 March 2022

March 16

 

I am enjoying getting out more on my scooter, especially to go shopping, one of my favourite pastimes. In a way it is easier for me now. I can drive straight into most shops and leisurely explore the aisles, buying what catches my eye. As a result my fridge and freezer are now well stocked and I have a wide choice of meals.

Shop assistants are very helpful, getting items I can’t reach and at the checkout packing my goods into the scooter bag.

I now drive down to the large Tesco about a mile or so away in the Marina, mainly on the road, which only takes about twenty minutes so I will stop having a regular monthly allowance delivery until next winter.

Being disabled has disadvantages but one of the good features is the thoughtfulness of most people. 

I drive on the pavement whenever possible and the pavements and dropped kerbs in Penarth are far better than in Cardiff.

Drivers generally are very considerate, giving me space, except very rarely when an impatient one carries on when am on a pedestrian crossing.

Pavement is awkward on busy days as many pedestrians dawdle or gather so I need to be patient. 

After three years I am replacing my scooter which I have got used to and which is so easy to drive.

I have become an expert negotiating those supermarket aisle and so far have hit nothing.

Being mobile gives me independence, choice and makes life a pleasure.









No comments:

Post a Comment