Tuesday 8 March 2022

March 8

Warming 

The sun has appeared, at last, and I am relishing it.

Last week, despite cold wind and sometimes rain I went out on my scooter most days, and at last, on Friday, had the luxury of a warming sun for a shopping trip up town.

On Sunday I went to the Penarth Yacht Club with my niece Brenda and Ivor for my first Sunday lunch there for three years.

The pace of my new life is quickening, too.

After rejoining the yacht club I am now becoming a member of the Penarth Civic Society which is doing good work.

I was was a member and did PRO work for Civic Trust Wales for many years when it was headed by Mervyn Jones, chief executive of Wales Gas.

We used to meet in the crumbling Insole Court mansion in Llandaff where in winter, with no heating, our meetings were kept short. The Court has since been restored as a community centre.

I have been contacted by Trinity Church Penarth which Rosemary and I attended and hope to go there again when the sun gets warmer.

The biggest treat, coming soon, is to spend a few days with Robert, Karen and Owen while my flat is being decorated. When I come back my home will be sparkling, redecorated and with new carpet throughout. I am looking forward to that.

So life is fine. How lucky I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment