Wednesday 23 February 2022

February 22

 February 23

Happy Days 

It may seem strange for someone so old but I am finding real pleasure at having so much time, not to ‘stand and stare’, but to think, consider and tackle everything more calmly than I have ever been able to do.

In a working career of more than sixty years it was mostly hectic, quick thinking, quick writing, which I enjoyed. No one seemed to talk about stress. We got on with our jobs.

Now it is so different. The world has changed. My world was never slow but today everyone is in the fast lane and it is having an effect.

Instead I have a life of luxury on my own time scale.

I still have daily ‘job lists’ but now have no time limitations, no ‘must do it today’.

The result, I am using my time efficiently, thinking better - apart from anything involving technical DIY skills that have always been beyond me.

The army taught me O and M - Organisation  and Method - and O and A  Organisation and Administration- and it works. 

I now enjoy more than ever reading, listening to music and, especially, writing and still keep up to broadcast news and current affairs.

 Life is still full of interest. I still have ambitions and goals.

There will obviously not be enough time for everything but I have so much to interest me and to give me pleasure.

These are, indeed, happy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment