Sunday 13 February 2022

February 13

February 14

Friendships is one of the greatest pleasures in life, made even richer and more appreciated as we grow older.

That is what I have found as, settling in to my new home, I now have the chance to see more of them again, some after months, others, many years.

It is one of the many advantages of being able to live my own life in my own home.

In the past few cases weeks I have had a happy procession of visitors, family and friends, to revive memories.

I had not seen two of the friends for many years, one for fifty years, but that heightened the pleasure. 

And I treasure the long distant links with old friends in Europe and America via Email, surely the most valuable communication method ever found.

Living alone does not mean loneliness, not if you have so many strong links with the past, to relive happy times and recognise your good fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment