Monday 21 February 2022

February 21

February 21

Not goodcenough

I like life to move smoothly, with no panic and a sense of calm satisfaction, but my ambition is being thwarted, too often by incompetence.

The latest example is what should be the straightforward task of obtaining repeat medical prescriptions.

In the two months since I rejoined the Penarth surgery I had used for many years I have had problems. 

Instead of following the instructions I had given in writing they have twice sent me a wrong item for my daily diabetes injections. As a result I have run out and have had to phone and go to Boots pharmacy, braving bad weathers, to get it sorted out.

They were efficient as they have been since I returned to Penarth, delivering the item within two hours.

And I am still waiting to find out how to safely dispose of my diabetes needles - ‘sharps’. Boots gave me details of a company but when I contacted them they said they needed confirmation from my surgery. I have been seeking advice for them for weeks and am still waiting.

 I appreciate that doctors are extremely busy but this does not excuse the mistakes that are being made. 




No comments:

Post a Comment