Wednesday 16 February 2022

February 16

 Cookery  Lesson

With everything go at number 10, my next task is to learn how to cook again.

It is four years since I prepared and cooked meals for myself in Windsor Court and for a few years before that I managed, with Rosemary, whose  eyesight was failing, teaching me.

But I am now rusty. I produce three meals a day; a simple breakfast, snack lunch and dinner at 7pm, to suit my diabetes.

At Sunrise I had lunch in the restaurant but as the 5pm evening meal was too early for my diabetes, made a snack supper at 7pm.

In my new kitchen I have plenty to work with including my trusty microwave, an air fryer, tabletop oven and hob,  plus toaster, sandwich toaster,  omelette and poached egg makers.

For dinner last night I produced baked chicken breast and vegetables, experimenting with three different cooking methods, and it worked. Tonight, something easier - sausage and mash.

I am enjoying cooking, working out recipes from the internet. 

Who knows, I might even compile a recipe book, ‘Never too old to Cook’.





No comments:

Post a Comment