Saturday 26 September 2020

Coronavirus diary, Saturday 26 September (Part 2)


This is one diary entry I did not expect to make but the Sunrise luck has  run out.

After learning a few days ago that two carers had been tested positive Sunrise reintroduced restrictions in the hope it would end there. 

Unfortunately it has not. I was at the art class this morning when a few of us were asked to return to our rooms. 

That sounded ominous, and it was.

I was told that five residents had been tested positive.

I had expected to find that I was one of them as I have not been feeling too well for a few  days; a bad cold and a cough. 

A few hours later I was told that I was positive.

So it's all change. We are all confined to our rooms with a carer looking after us. 

Sunrise has almost shut down, the restaurant closed, activities suspended. What a shame. I feel sad after all the effort they have put in over the months, but there it is. We have to  put up with it.   

I am feeling pretty good which I hope will continue and I will make the best  of the temporary new life style. 

 A happier day at Sunrise!


Being alone most of the time does not worry me as I still  have plenty to keep me occupied. And it is no use worrying. Everything has been so uncertain for so long that a little  more uncertainty will do no harm.

I intend to carry on with the diary as I enjoy it so much. 

So much has changed since yesterday although I had an idea what was  coming as I wrote in what was to be today's diary. Here it is..........

No comments:

Post a Comment