Sunday 27 September 2020

Coronavirus diary, Sunday 27 September


Life has changed suddenly, in a day. Yesterday I set out on a new, unknown period of life.

But has that not applied to any, every day in our lives?

We assume everything will be normal - what ever normality is. 

A busy day at work, a holiday trip, a quiet day at home with the family.

Life has always been uncertain and never more so than these past six months when any semblance of normality in everyone's life disappeared due to cororanavirus.

The difference in mine is not great, just a further shrinking. 

Sunrise, my home and my world, started diminishing with lockdown in March.

My last venture out of the building was when, huddled against the cold, I drove my scooter down to Roath Park around the lake and to Penylan library to borrow three books (I still have them and have tried to ring the library to ask what I should do with them).

Then onto Albany Road and my first shopping trip, an old fashioned  pleasure.

I have no idea when my next run out will be, but it certainly won't be for six months according to Mr Johnson.

I am confined to my flat, the Turret suite - how  glad I  am to have chosen it. I could not be more comfortable even in solitude.

Life would have been so different if I were alone in 18 Windsor Court.

I now have to get used to being alone all day, no one to talk to, except for the arrival of a carer - it looks as though it will be Alice who has been such a help to me - bringing meals.

I am continuing my daily routine; getting ready for the new day, tidying the flat, making the bed before having my breakfast.

I can even slow down on my normal leisurely pace but have plenty to do to keep me as busy as I want to be.

More time for reading - I have three books on the go including a Kindle thriller for nighttime, Harold Evans's My Paper Chase and Appeasing Hitler, both from Robert, my blog and music

Just time  for a nap in the afternoon. 

And time to look back, always a pleasure, and to look forward, like everyone, to a saner world. 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment