Wednesday 25 January 2023

January …

 Hard taskmasters

Physiotherapists. Why do I dislike them so much. Especially hospital ones?

Because their main strength and success is based on pain. The patient’s pain. 

They are oblivious to this. In fact I am positive it spurs them on. Their  gospel is, no pain no gain, and they try to prove it as soon as they start their machinations on you. Sessions of just a few minutes stretch, punctuated by my gasps and protests.

Over the years, of all the physios who have treated - tortured - me only one, many years  ago  had the gentle touch. And I am sure the profession is toughening up, expecting you to do the same.

It certainly applies here until I rebelled not just at this but despite my learning to put up with it and cooperate, they came irregularly, missing days or even weeks.

Eventually, frustrated by lack of progress, I complained and it stopped. Not only the pain, but the physios and I have not seen one for months. Despite the fact the hospital sees them as vital. allowing them to decide rather than the doctors when you are ready to go home

They have obviously given me up., thank goodness so I am getting on with  physiotherapy myself.

Less pain, more relief.







No comments:

Post a Comment