Monday 16 January 2023

January 16

 

Sad NHS

The NHS is beset by a sea of troubles, seemingly insoluble whichI I have seen for so long now day by day. 

The most obvious and basic is the shortage  of nurses and nursing assistants..

The staffing in my ward,  responsible for 27 patients, is permanently short. They certainly do their best in the circumstances, almost running past my room from early morning - patients  wake-up time 6am - to late at night. Long hours and short breaks.

Hard work, too.

I understand why they have  moved to strike for the first time  even if I think it should not be needed as it just makes matters worse.

Even more understandable is the uncertainty for staff which is a further worry. Of those  looking after me some can’t wait to retire, others to find a new less stressful, better paid job

I don’t blame them.

No comments:

Post a Comment