Thursday 19 January 2023

January

 January 19

Do Gooders

 The number of ‘experts’ and advisers who tell us how to lead the good and healthy life is growing like a plague . They know what is best for us and have ready answers, happily broadcast in the media.

The latest food dictator, Professor Susan Jebb , chairman of the Food Standards Authority,, is on the warpath, angry and about us  taking cake into work to share with friends 

She warns us it is as harmful as passive smoking. Even one Welsh cake?

So forget that lovely piece of birthday cake with your coffee or tea break, it might kill you

The best tea break I have ever had was in a a miners canteen on the hills of Yorkshire when I was practicing rough motor cycling in my I Corps trading. It was the biggest and most welcome ‘illegal! snack  I ever tasted, with a mighty mug of hot tea.

And I have enjoyed a tea break,with cake in the office, hundreds of times, and I am still here. 

Come on, Professor Jebb. Lighten up .



No comments:

Post a Comment