Monday 16 January 2023

January 17

 Dogs galore

Dogs as pets. More common than ever, spurred on by Covid and lockdown.

Feeding, dressing and healing them has become highly profitable. 

Most of my family are into dogs, and I know what pleasure that gives them.and enjoy reading of the those important family members, child like  companions.

The latest is jet black Rufus, the delight of Owen, Karen and Robert, one of the oldest Siân’s  Austin.It made me sad seeing pictures of him looking ill and listless.

A worry for Siân as are the substantial vets fees. 

When Braydon Manor was flourishing it was  a perfect home for Beverley, Julio and their family of dogs. 

I like dogs but have  never had one.

I took to cats whom I have found good.companions - and needing less energy and cost.

One of ours, grey Smokey was Limpy for years after being knocked down by a car in Cardiff. Spot, was another of my favourites. He used to  follow me to school, padding through front gardens. One evening we thought we had lost him. He had followed us to the  pub near our home in Cardiff. It was not until two in the morning we realised he was missing, I got dressed and returned to the pub.He was sitting outside, still waiting for us.

An even worse experience was when Robert brought his Fluff  by car To Penarth for the day and we ‘lost” her… we frantically searched, even across to the pier and I made some Lost leaflets. 

Late evening, realising we had to tell Robert the bad news I kept calling her and there she was, curled up behind a curtain in the living room.

I am tempted to have a kitten when I go home and have had offers but I doubt if I will do so. 





No comments:

Post a Comment