Monday 4 October 2021

Ghosts of the past

In my time at Sunrise I have been impressed by the efforts to keep us residents entertained. The daily activities programme aims to get people to mingle, to take part in events and entertainment. 

The pandemic meant a drastic reduction in the programme with the loss of visitors.We are only just starting to get back to normal and to welcome back visitors including singers and church ministers, 

The Sunrise staff events organisers and the carers have done a marvellous job keeping us physically and mentally active and I have enjoyed taking part in activities ranging from poetry to Bingo, art to skittles.

I have been disappointed at the number of residents, especially the men, who could benefit but do not bother. 

For some months I have helped by giving a series of illustrated travel talks which those who attended seem to have enjoyed.

Later this month, as part of the Halloween programme, I will make what will probably be my last contribution to the Sunrise events programme. I will read a ghost story I wrote over thirty years ago for my grand daughters, Sian, then eight and Ria, six.

The Wildeboer family had just moved into Braydon Manor, formerly a Wiltshire farm, part of which dated back over three hundred years.

The Braydon Manor ghost Siân and Ria discovered after finding an old picture in the attic had died a tragic death. And there were more surprises as they learned the whole story.

I am looking forward to retelling the sad tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment