Friday 30 April 2021

A good day

It is strange how some days bring nothing but problems yet on others things go right from the beginning.

For me, so far today, it is one of the better ones. In fact it is shaping up brilliantly. 

After a spell of feeling out of sorts and unusually listless I am better, more alert and active today.

I am enjoying the efforts of all the carers and staff to make life more interesting and enjoyable. 

It’s another ‘dress up’ day. Sunrise is Italy. The flags are out. The music is lilting and the costumes are fantastic. I have just had a request from John, the catering head, to borrow a bow tie to complete his Pavarotti outfit. A fun day.

My first email added to the celebration. P&O has solved the problem of my refund for my lost cruise.

After months of asking for a refund, I was despairing - so Robert suggested asking Julia Brookes at The Times to ask P&O for help. Julia is the paper's travel consumer champion and successfully got P&O to look into it. It turned out that the company had sent my refund cheque three months ago to my old address in Penarth. and couldn't contact me by phone as my number had changed.

So I am richer and happier today and my faith in P&O has been restored. It is also a wonderful example of the positive impact journalism can have on people's lives. 

My day is only a few hours old. I hope it continues like this!

Postscript

knew it could not last. I've just been booked for parking my scooter...

No comments:

Post a Comment