Thursday 15 April 2021

Scooting to the shops

As usual with coronavirus, one step forward, two steps back. Yesterday I  took advantage of a sunny, if chilly, morning to go out on my scooter to return library books I have had for a year.

It turned out to be a bumpy ride. Although there have been many road improvements at Lakeside, including more pedestrian crossings, better road surfaces and a 20mph speed limit, driving on the pavement was an uncomfortable experience.

In Winnipeg Drive, our former road, cars were parked on the pavements leading to the junior school, forcing me to take to road. It was bad enough when we were there, with cars blocking our drive twice a day and one of my former neighbours yesterday said it was worse now.

I can see a letter to the council coming.

Another disappointment - the library was closed, presumably as it is now community centre with a gym.

One positive result of my morning out was a successful shop at Tesco Lakeside when I stocked up.

The Discovery pub is still shut but the shopping parade has returned to life with all the new shops open and doing business.

It was fortunate I went out yesterday as later, at Sunrise, we were told that one of the team has proved positive. 

Another step back. We will all be rested again tomorrow.

And another abrupt stop to my scooter trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment