Thursday 1 April 2021

Life is looking good this Easter


Out on my scooter for the second day. Life is at last getting back to normal for me. Yesterday I went to Penylan library, a 40 minute run, only to find it closed. Although libraries can now open, Penylan also has a community centre which remains shut. I will have to wait another few weeks.

On my way I was shocked to see four masks littering the pavements and in today’s papers pictures of the mountains of rubbish in open spaces and parks.

Fortunately, this does not apply at Roath Park where there was not a spot of litter despite the large crowds of adults and children. People used the plentiful rubbish bins and I followed a council waste disposal lorry as it emptied each one.There is no need for laziness. There should be more fines.

My outings confirm my belief that unless the pandemic has other tricks people will soon enjoy life again; holidaying, shopping, going out with family and friends when and where they like and enjoying sport and entertainment.

With many fortunate enough to have amassed savings in lockdown the spending will flow again, boosting the economy.

I was pleasantly surprised to see our local shopping parade ready for the revival. With only three still open a year ago, all the shops are now taken, with new businesses including a doughnut shop, an upmarket restaurant and a discount store. Entrepreneurism is alive, probably people on furlough seeking a new start.

Across the road, the Discovery public house is due to open soon.

Life is looking good this Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment