Sunday 11 April 2021

Parking bullies


My annoyance at P&O’s reluctance to repay my cruise money is nothing compared with my anger at a company that pursues motorists for parking penalties.

Almost three years ago,  after shopping in a Penarth shopping centre, I saw an ominous looking envelope on the windscreen. 

It was for failing to show my disabled driver’s blue badge. I looked down and saw the badge on the floor, where it had fallen.

I wrote explain this and was asked to send proof that I had a blue badge. I did so. They replied thanking me but saying I still had to pay part of the penalty. I wrote protesting but they persisted.

Since then I have had a dozen or more letters from the company or its collection arm demanding that I pay up.

They have even tracked me down to Sunrise Cardiff where I now live. And the pace is hotting up. Yesterday the ‘Collecting Team’ of DCBL (Debt Collection Bailiffs Limited), sent me, for the second time in less than a month, a ‘Final Notice of Debt Recovery'. They now want £170.

At the bottom of the letter is a notice. ‘Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away’  (as previously featured on popular TV show)’

Yet the last sentence of the letter explains, ‘This case is not subject to High Court or bailiff action’.

How is this bullying allowed to go on?

1 comment: