Monday 19 April 2021

Great adventures

No wonder Wendy and Kev are proud of Daniel and Adam for their parachuting adventure that raised £300 for charity.

I am, too, as I have never been much of an adventurer. I have enjoyed travel and different experiences, including helicopter trips including a momentous flights covering the infamous Berlin Wall, and even an airship over Cardiff,  but nothing dangerous.

Owen 'coasteering', Dorset, 2020

I would never have thought of jumping out of a plane - or off a cliff, as Robert and Owen did last year.

Rosemary in action, Australia


Come to think of it, I am a coward and much less adventurous than Rosemary. It was she who enjoyed the unusual, riding a camel or elephant, handling snakes (which I hated), and all, sorts of animals and insects. She even once had a huge live cobra wrapped around her, with two men holding both ends. I steeled myself to take a photography which I have lost.

In our visits to Barry Island fairground with young Siân and Ria, I was happy to hear them screaming on the big dipper and flume ride -  by themselves.

At my age I am satisfied with a quiet life. I have no desire to seek new experiences, certainly not if any danger is  involved. 

But there is one ambition I would still like to achieve - taking the controls of a light aircraft. I always wanted to learn to fly but it was too expensive.

Who knows, when this pandemic is over and we can take to the skies again, perhaps a birthday trip from the former Rhoose airport might be the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment