Friday 15 January 2021

Coronavirus diary, Friday 15 January 2021


I am one of  millions around the world who have had and survived coronavirus and who have therefore done everyone else a favour.

By our involuntary and dangerous experience we have proved more effective than vaccination.

That is the surprising conclusion of some leading scientists.who say it is as good as having the vaccine, in effect the ‘herd’ immunity theory.

I am glad if I am  helping mankind but I am slightly sceptical as I have yet to see or hear of proof that once stricken, we are free. If so, the contribution could be short-lived. Not worth mentioning in fact. I feel uncomfortable and annoyed with the nonstop parade of theories, forecasts and homilies of the experts, with the media too willing to give them credence.

They have conveniently ignored the view of other ‘experts’ who say do not know how long immunity might last; it could be only a matter only of months.

I am improving, too slowly for my liking, after my brush with coronavirus, and am hoping that I have achieved immunity.

If so, I really have done my bit to make the world safer, but I would not bet on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment