Monday 6 June 2022

June 6

Settled in

It is six months since the day I changed my address and my life.

After an eventful, and probably life saving experience of being cared for in Sunrise Cardiff I am now completely settled and perfectly happy.

Everything has worked out even better than I had expected or hoped. The flat is perfect, bright, comfortable and, most important safe, well designed for disabled residents.

I am surprised how few of them there are in Bridgeman Court, and that anyone over 55 can buy one.

In the Platinum jubilee garden party yesterday - moved into the foyer by rain - some of the residents I chatted with are more than forty years younger than I.

It has not been all plain sailing since I arrived.

Robert and Karen had made sure I had heat and light but the very cold weather and the change to independence was a strange, but welcome experience. That independence was achieved, and is being maintained by the ever ready help and support of family and friends, with Robert and a Karen, my niece Brenda and Ivor ever ready to deal with any problems, including complicated dealings with the energy companies and the NHS.

As a result, and my learning to take life steadily and be patient, I am now feeling fitter and happier than for years and, as usual, looking forward to good days, and perhaps years, ahead. 

The next adventure will be my first cruise for four years, the last one cancelled at the start of the  lockdown. It is complicated by health regulations and I shall not really believe I am on my way until I get to my cabin.

Thank you everyone for making it all happen.


I adaptedv

No comments:

Post a Comment