Wednesday 15 June 2022

June 15

Walk-around 

I often remind myself how fortunate I am, living comfortably in my own home, looking after myself, doing what I want, going out on my scooter- even taking holidays.

Naturally I have regrets, mainly my lack of mobility which prevents me from one of my great pleasures in life - walking.

I have a store of memories of enjoying the world, not by serious hiking, but exploring on foot towns, countryside and seaside around the world.

No comparison with Robert’s astonishing cycling feats, the latest a 500mile Scottish marathon captured in remarkable daily videos, but my work gave me the ability to see the world.

One of my favourite walking experiences was Tokyo where in two months and with time on my hands I explored  the world famous Ginza, the city centre moated Imperial, Palace,  Ropongi, one of the sprawling suburbs where I stayed. There was the contrast of  Canada’s Niagara in snow, magnificent Sydney and tiny Cairns in Australia, Berlin before and after ‘The Wall’.

Seaside walks have been a favourite, with the most memorable, now sadly missed, the regular afternoon saunter along the shore opposite our home, Windsor Court  Penarth,  crossing the road and westward to Lavernock Point, climbing up the cliff and back along the cliff, at home for tea,

Now I appreciate, comfortably seated in my scooter, exploring Penarth that has developed remarkably well over the years, with its lovely parks, Marina and busy centre.

Still so much to enjoy.




 leusurely look at Penarth the busy town, Marina and parks. 




 

























No comments:

Post a Comment