Tuesday 14 June 2022

June 14

All at sea 

Thinking of taking a cruise?  If so it will be plain sailing over once they let you on board. But beware, there are obstacles. By my, experience of the preparation demands are like a tortoise obstacle race.

It has taken months and I would never have made the finishing line without massive help from Robert and Karen, Brenda and Ivor, handicapped by help from my Penarth surgery despite weeks of effort.

The worst hurdle was getting another booster injection for which I qualify as being old and vulnerable but which has somehow escaped the Welsh governments system.

It was almost in despair until, twenty four hours before sailing, I got an appointment for STAR community centre Splott, Cardiff - I was a founder member and finally its secretary more than forty years ago.

Boots pharmacy gave me the Cardiff and Vale Health Board Covid help line and I managed to hear well enough to persuade them to get the appointment.

Brenda and Ivor are taking me to the Cardiff for my vital last minute £22 test, then on to Splott and, if all goes well, lunch,

But my tortoise race won’t have been won until they wheel- chair me into my cabin on the Mediterranean deck on the P &O Ventura.







No comments:

Post a Comment