Saturday 8 January 2022

January 8

 January 8

With the new year under way I am settling down well in my new home.

I am finding my new life interesting and enjoyable if, at times a little frustrating. There are many plus points. Comfort, feeling safe, enjoying privacy and sociability and, the biggest advantage, regular visitors and the chance to get out.

It is certainly not a soft life and while I think I am a reasonable organiser I am naturally impatient, especially with run-of-the- mill business tasks, including filing documents letters and bills.

The result is I am still quite a burden on my family, especially Robert and Karen. I assured them that, once I was in and settled, the flow of email SOSs would at dwindle but I am still asking for help regularly. They are incredibly patient.

Almost all my problems in setting up home have been solved, except one - finding some home help. I do not need carers but certainly need help in keeping the flat up to scratch. I started looking for help weeks before I left Sunrise but despite approaches and promises I am still without help.

I am sure I will find the answer but for now have to get on as best I can.

Oddly, minor problems are the most bothersome - trying to open bottles - apart from beer-!tins and jars. That does try my patience.

Overall, though, I am thoroughly enjoying life and appreciate once again how fortunate  I am.

It is going to be an interesting year.










No comments:

Post a Comment