Monday 3 January 2022

January 3

January 3

So it’s back to normal after Christmas and the New Year?Far from it. Uncertainty still stalks the world.  Cases are reaching record levels in many countries and governments are struggling to keep services running. Hospitals are again under great pressure with. many staff off. Even the weather is abnormally warm.

 In UK the different approach to restrictions is causing confusion, adding to the uncertainty.

Everyone is hoping that January will see us over the peak of infection but it could be a cruel month.

I am battening down the hatches and enjoying the quiet and comfort of my new home, but yesterday was an exception.

Following my cataract operation I had an eye test at the local Specsavers - unusual for a Sunday- but they were very busy.

It turned out to be quite an adventure. I set out on my scooter in sunshine, pleased to get there on time, but an hour later, turning for home, came the deluge.

I was drenched, soaked to the skin with my Waterproof’ coat a joke. And I am feeling the effect today. Quite hard work getting around the flat early on but now steadily improving.

Before I venture out again I am investing in a’wild weather’ coat.





No comments:

Post a Comment