Monday 31 January 2022

February 1

 February 1

One of the tings I have missed for some years is walking.

I used to love it, especially exploring cities. In regular visits to London for meetings I used to walk from Paddington to County Hall.

In two months in Tokyo 50 years ago I explored the whole city, as I did regularly in Berlin.

But it stopped about ten years ago when my leg problem returned after sixty years. I managed to keep driving until three years ago.

Now I can only get out and about on my scooter, but it is convenient and enjoyable.

I am becoming expert at navigating shops, weaving in and out the aisles, so far avoiding any embarrassing mishap. 

And I have found most people helpful, although strollers on Penarth Esplanade can be a nuisance.

Since being been back in Penarth I have been getting out more than I have for years, but I still try, with my walking aid,to do as much walking as I can.

Last week in Heath hospital I managed to walk to the ear clinic and next day go to lunch and do some shopping with Robert.

I am now resting for a few days, relieved that I have Melissa,  a brilliant home help/carer, looking after me.

 
























No comments:

Post a Comment