Thursday 20 January 2022

January 20

 January 20

Six weeks after my move, number 10 Bridgeman Road is a proper home. 

The pictures are up, the kitchen fully equipped, everything in place in the myriad of cupboards and drawers. All I need to do is remember where I put things.

The heating system is working and, most important, after more or less fending for myself I now have home help, Melissa, who comes in twice a week is brilliant has already made a huge difference. 

I realise now that the whole operation, going back three months when I first decided I was leaving Sunrise was more complicated than I thought.

Buying and setting up a new home at 95, I now realise, is THE move of a lifetime. I have had six homes and should have learned from experience that nothing goes exactly according to plan. Our worst family experience was when, moving back to Cardiff in 1971, the sale of our house fell through the day it was due for completion. And it had been an ordeal when six years earlier we had moved to Ashley Drive Whitton in a heavy snowstorm.

Now, my move back to Penarth was only made possible by the time, hard work and organisation of Robert and Karen and Brenda and Ivor.

Another key person has been Dennis, from Sunrise,who moved my furniture to my comfortable Turret suite at Sunrise and who has set me up in my new home, putting up my pictures.and now making improvements in the kitchen. The result, I can now cook whatever I want - and am capable of. 

I have a whole new range of equipment, most bought for me by Karen in a mammoth shopping spree. 

I celebrated last night by cooking a meal on my new air fryer - proper chips! - and tonight I am using my new table top oven for a ‘real’ meal, followed by a celebratory glass of wine

One of the great pleasures of being in number 10 is to be able to welcome visitors, family and friends for a chat, and a coffee made on my new coffee maker,

So, all the effort has been worthwhile.

I am delighted with my new home which I where I hope I will long enjoy.

Life could not be better,

Thank you all.





Now I can enjoy the result. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment