Saturday 11 December 2021

December 11

Life begins at 95. I am in the real world again, And I am excited and relieved.

It is a different world, stimulating and adventurous, which I had thought I had lost.

I am the oldest resident but I hope I will prove young in heart.

I have received a marvellous welcome from everyone and am relishing the new social life.

Each morning at 10 I gone down to the foyer at  a chat with some of them men.

One of the first to greet me was Keith Howells, a friend who lives here and who took me to Dinas Powis to see Alan, another friend, now living alone in a lovely house where we used to meet regularly.

 I also enjoyed a quiz evening although, as usual, not contributing much to our team. My excuse was I could not hear the woman quiz master.

Everyone brought their own drinks and snacks were provided. It was profitable for the Court funds… £3 a head.

I am looking forward to my first Christmas party next week.

So life at Bridgeman Court is proving even better than I expected.










No comments:

Post a Comment