Saturday 18 December 2021

How fortunate

Two weeks after my move from Sunrise my new home is in full working order. Fortunately I have been the same although it has been hard work, but rewarding.

All it needs now to make it even more homely is to have my pictures on the walls.

I am impressed and delighted with everything connected with 10 Bridgeman Court.

It is well designed, with facilities that make it safe and easy, it is luxuriously warm - no need to have the heating on most of the day - and the company of cheerful, helpful residents, all much younger than I.

A huge change from the mostly silent elderly residents at Sunrise.

Even though I have left, Sunrise have been helpful, including providing a supply of medication to tide me over until I have joined a Penarth surgery.

Even better, I have had an almost daily parade of family visitors, all helping me solve problems.

I am looking forward to a unique Christmas, happy to be able to enjoy it.

Robert, Karen, Owen and Rufus are staying in Cardiff for two days immediately after Christmas and I am looking forward to lunches out with them.

I am feeling fit, my eye operation was successful and I am able to read a book for the first time for two years.

What more could I ask for? How fortunate I continue to be.

Thank you, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment