Wednesday 24 November 2021

The sun sets on Sunrise

As my stay in Sunrise comes to an end there are two celebrations - not for my departure - but to mark the takeover of  the UK care homes run by Sunrise, the US care home group, by the British Care UK company.

Sara Reading, Cardiff general manager, has left to take over the Care UK home in Buckingham.

Virgil, her deputy, is now in charge here at the renamed Llys Cyncoed (Cyncoed Court). An upheaval which ends a unique period in my  life.

The pandemic still makes for an uncertain future but I am looking forward to my new home.

It will be a challenge - these days the word used too often in place of ‘difficult’. There is a big difference and I am relishing the prospect.

I appreciate that I am three years older than when I decided I had to leave Windsor Court in Penarth to come here and be looked after, fortunately a few months before the onset of coronavirus.

Thanks to the brilliant Sunrise carers and whole team I am feeling so much better and am able to look after myself.

But my move would not have been possible without the support of my family.

Robert and Karen have borne the brunt of the mountain of work involved and Brenda made most of the arrangements for my eye operation. Despite the long enforced gaps I have enjoyed so many visits.

I could not be more grateful to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment