Saturday 18 September 2021

My family story

I am enjoying sitting and thinking about the past. Not daydreaming, but recalling family history, events and adventures. 

I have started writing my new book, That’s  Life, dedicated, like my pandemic diary, to my grandchildren and great grandchildren

My family regret not having chronicled the story of our  grandparents’ era - I don’t even know the names of two of mine. Yet it would have been easy.

My mother, born in 1891, had an interesting life when the world was awash with new ideas, inventions and discoveries.

But we did not chronicle those drastic, dramatic developments, never recorded her life story.

I am, belatedly, trying to fill in as many gaps in family history as possible and am including my own experiences over almost a hundred years.

No comments:

Post a Comment