Thursday 16 September 2021

Back to Penarth


I have made one of the most important decisions of my life. I am leaving Sunrise and returning to Penarth.

I have decided that I am now fit enough and capable of looking after myself, I hope, for a few more years.

I am buying a retirement flat, 10 Bridgeman Court, near Windsor Court, our home for almost twenty years.

I will be sorry to leave Sunrise where I have been very comfortable, happy and where I could not have been looked after better.

But I have decided I cannot stay for years more for a number of reasons, mainly the uncertainty of the future here after its take over by another group, although the administration here will remain the same.

The social care system itself is in crisis with problems including staffing and think I will feel more settled and secure, and be able to enjoy a more normal life back in a Penarth.

I am very grateful to Robert and Karen who have discussed with me the pros and cons of the move and who have come to agree with me. Karen spent the day with me viewing my new home, a modern two bedroom flat where I am sure I will be comfortable and safe.

There is the added advantage of a more sociable life with my friends and easier visiting for my family.

Nothing is certain these days but I am sure this is the right decision at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment