Saturday 8 May 2021

Travelling again - at Sunrise


Just as I as beginning to think my travelling days were over, Sunrise is again widening my horizons.We old folk are  enjoying new experiences with the Sunrise Around the World programme..

Every week we are enjoying a different country, their people, climate, history - all from our armchairs. Best of all, we can sample their distinctive food and drink.

So far we have tasted the culinary delights of France, Italy and Greece, with the chefs excelling themselves with national dishes accompanied by drinks I last tasted years ago.

The Sunrise team ingeniously transform themselves with home made national costumes - yesterday they were Greek goddesses.

We are learning a lot, too. I have done quite a bit of globe trotting but realise how much I have missed, thanks to the quizzes, films and other special activities 

I can’t wait to be whisked around the world, learning more about other countries, climes and cultures. And it is cheaper than cruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment