Friday 7 May 2021

An outing down memory lane


An interesting morning trip yesterday, to the Llanedeyrn Health Centre. It took me back over 30 years to the time when Owy (Rosemary) was a part-time receptionist there. I also saw the Powerhouse community hub that Carmen and Rosie helped to found - a spectacular multi coloured building.

The health centre, part of the University Hospital of Wales, is not the bustling place it used to be. Busy, no doubt, but strictly controlled with patients allowed in one by one. No crowded waiting room and everyone wearing masks. 

My visit had been arranged by the doctor at Sunrise last week. who had noticed a mark on my leg. She took some pictures and said it would be looked into. After a pleasant taxi ride, accompanied by carer Helena, I went for the check up. It did not take long. Nothing to worry about. I was back home in no time.

More good news: my recent blood tests are the best for a year, I have just been told.  I think that is worth a celebration, perhaps, one of these days, a pint at the Discovery, if they serve outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment