Wednesday 19 May 2021

No longer a world apart

What a week this is turning out to  be. So much good news. The news that we could go out from Sunrise came out of the blue, immediately changing my life.

Today, the almost two-year-long design and refurbishment of Sunrise was completed and the difference is amazing. The whole building is brighter, even more attractive and comfortable. Every part of the building has been updated with new furniture and pictures. You can already feel the residents’ relief at the changes, not just in our home, but in our day-to-day life.

I had a chat with Danica Mrozek, the interior design manager for Sunrise Senior Living, responsible for the ‘new’ Sunrise. She is staying for a few days to oversee the result and she has a lot to be pleased about. Tomorrow the press are coming to view her efforts.

I am lucky with the timing, too. I am feeling better than I have for months and think I have finally recovered.

I celebrated yesterday with a trip down to the shopping parade opposite the Discovery, open at last, and managed to do some shopping in Tesco. It was good to see all the shops, most of them new, open, and I hope they all do well.

It is so good to be back in the real world. For too long we have lived in a world apart - the title of the book edition of my blog diary that Robert, the editor, and I have decided on.

No comments:

Post a Comment