Thursday 18 March 2021

Coronavirus diary, Friday 19 March

A year ago when I started this diary I had no idea what lay ahead. No-one did, but throughout the days and months I have always felt confident that it would all ‘come right’.

And on this anniversary day that confidence was strengthened, if not finally confirmed, by happy coincidence: my second coronavirus vaccination.

I am used to injections - over 700 this year for my diabetes and scores more to keep me going - but this one was was special.

It took just a few seconds and as I sat resting in the Sunrise lounge with the other residents I reflected on how my life has changed.

Despite all the turbulence and upheaval it has been a positive and reassuring experience, It has made me appreciate the courage, unselfishness and kindness of so many that has made my life calm and contented.

I cannot believe how fortunate I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment