Monday 29 March 2021

Bob's travel talks


Bob in a meeting in Japan, 1971

After completing a year of my daily coronavirus diary which Robert and I are editing as a book, I have time for other writing and new ideas.

These include giving talks to the residents, suggested by Diane, a Sunrise activities organiser. I gave the first ‘Bob’s Travel Talks’ last week.

Quite a change from the television audience, a dozen or so residents, spaced out in the activity room. 

The title was ‘Around the world in 80 days’, about my Churchill Travelling Fellowship fifty years ago this year.

I spoke for 20 minutes - short enough to avoid anyone going to sleep - about the flight out with stops at India, Hong Kong, and on to Japan for two months. It was followed by five minutes of photographs shown on screen by Diane. 

Everyone seemed interested and in my talk next month I will describe the month I spent in North America before flying home.

I am enjoying preparing more talks which will cover visits to other countries for work and pleasure.

At least it adds to the range of activities in Sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment