Friday 19 March 2021

Coronavirus diary reflections, Friday 19 March 2021


Yesterday was my last coronavirus year diary blogpost. Robert and I are now editing the year's diary entries to make it into a book which we hope will be published.

It has been a very enjoyable experience and I think it will make an interesting story.

I am carrying on with my blog but not concentrating on the pandemic although I will keep up to date, probably weekly. It will mainly be my personal thoughts and memories.

I am now able to get on with other interests including giving short talks to residents here - Bob’s Travel Talks.

I have given a lot of talks over the years to different audiences but this will be a different. Most of the residents are in their eighties or nineties - like me - and their attention span is probably very short. The first talk, next week, will be in the afternoon so I expect most of them will fall asleep!

‘Around the world in eighty days’ will about my Churchill Fellowship trip 50 years ago in 1971 to Japan and America.

It will include pictures of the countries I stopped over at en route which Diane, one of the activity team, will put on screen.

We will see how it goes.

It would be great, now I have more time, if I could get out and about on my scooter and that might come sooner than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment