Tuesday 16 March 2021

Coronavirus diary, Saturday 6 March

Bob, back on air!

Another television interview and another chance to express my admiration for and gratitude to carers at Sunrise and other care homes across the country.

This time it was for the Sky News 9am bulletin on Saturday. I was asked last night if I would do it and I agreed, although I was a little concerned whether I'd be able to hear the interviewer.

As with the two previous interviews for ITV's Good Morning Britain, Carley, a Sunrise administrator, did the organising, setting me up with my laptop in my room. To help me hear the questions, I wore my headphones. 


The theme was the ending of  lockdown and what the return of visitors meant to nursing homes staff and residents. 

The Sunrise group was represented by the head of its COVID taskforce, Anna Selby, and I spoke about the residents. I enjoyed it and was pleased to be given ample time to give my views.

Being back ‘on air’ after so many years has been an added pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment