Thursday 6 October 2022

October 6

 Recovery

Just had some very good news. Werner, my friend for sixty years, is recovering at his lovely hill top home in Esslingen, Germany after a very serious operation.

We met when I was the Caerphilly council organiser for the twinning between Caerphilly and Ludwigsburg.

As a graduate, during his year teaching in the the Rhymney Valley, he often came to us in Winnipeg Drive and over the years we and our families made many visits.

We enjoyed their walled mediaeval town and their lovely home and garden extending into a vineyard and seeing our families growing up. Two years ago Werner and Sabine visited me in Sunrise home with grandson Lino who was a student at Wells College.

What a contrast with his home were his digs in Bargoed overlooked by the biggest coal tip in the Rhymney Valley.He came to love the valley, returning several times.

More good news. Brenda my niece who emulated me by breaking her hip has returned home from hospital after a mercifully short stay. While she was there we had a daily email chat on the vicissitudes of hospital life.

The good news has heartened me and I also hope to improve more quickly now.

Karen came yesterday and went to my flat to see a vocational therapist to see what might be needed for me to go home. Encouraging.



No comments:

Post a Comment