Monday 3 October 2022

October 3

 An astonishing coincidence. My  niece Brenda is in hospital after breaking a wrist and hip inna fall at home exactly three months after my accident.

And we have daily chats via email about about life in hospital.

There is a lot that we agree about, the total change from normal life, the routine and rules, the need to keep cal and be patient.

I manage most days, appreciating the staff have annarduous job with both our hospitals short  staffed but agreeing that the most contentious aspects of our treatment is physiotherapy and their mantra is, no pain, no gain.

I discovered this seventy years ago when in a Cardiff hospital the physio insisted I moved my damaged immediately after the operation.Excruciating.

I appreciate it is important to get movement as son as possible and put up with the pain but it is not easy.

 For two years attending Caerphilly District Miners Hospital I underwent a whole range of treatment, from injections with ever bigger needles and electric shocks which eventually solved the problem. I could walk, even run again, 


No comments:

Post a Comment