Wednesday 18 May 2022

May 18

 Off to sea again

In one month’s time I hope to be enjoying life on the P&O Ventura. 

All being well, deo volento - the reason for the caveat is the long lingering Covid.

Everything is in place, including insurance - expensive but surprisingly available at my age - the driver to take me to and from Southampton and my long list of essentials including cruising gear I fortunately did not discard with so many other items when I went into Sunrise almost three years ago.

The fly in the ointment in the venture is proving I am fit and safe to go. Not easy, and another example of official incompetence. At 95 and ‘vulnerable’ I am due for my second booster injection, but I am still waiting. Worse, I have no idea when I will get it despite efforts by myself and my family. Nothing to do this us, said my surgery, it’s the NHS. You will get a letter.

Easier said than done. I have trying for three weeks now, using the hopeless NHS on-line information service.

Going cruising is not plain sailing and days before,  and then on the day,  I hope to step on board I have to pay for a test. I am exploring how that is done. 

If I get that far I know I will enjoy my rare break.





G













No comments:

Post a Comment