Monday 18 April 2022

April 18

With infection numbers still high and almost 20,000 patients in hospital, the public at largehas apparently decided it is time to forget it and make hay while the sun shines.

That has been my experience in Penarth, and I have willingly been part of the exodus. 

For the first time for years I have gone out for three days running - in my case Scootering and limping.

The first adventure, my longest ‘drive’, was down through Penarth Marina, across the pedestrian  bridge looking down on hundreds of moored yachts, on past the  crowded  White Water Centre and the Wales International Pool to Morrisons supermarket, once for Rosemary and me a regular shopping haunt.

Today my drive was short, along the Esplanade to Sunday lunch at the Yacht Club, a pint waiting at my table. Tomorrow, Today, Easter Monday, my niece Brenda and Ivor are having me to lunch at Tonyrefail.

My world has changed and expanded enormously in the few months since I left Sunrise care home, with some misgivings after the  wonderful care I received there. 

Although I have joined the throng of happy holiday makers enjoying the warm  sunshineI, probably like most of them, cannot dismiss from mind the appalling experience of the people in Ukraine and the dismiss knowledge the black clouds over our life.

Easter is a time for celebration. This year, for so many it is a time of sorrow and fear.











No comments:

Post a Comment