Friday 25 December 2020

Coronavirus diary, Christmas Day 2020



Christmas Day. A day so different this year from any other. A strange day, with most of us missing the usual family gathering, and millions with no family, unable even to give their elderly parents a hug. A day to remember, and to forget..

A day to look look forward to - 25 December 2021 when the world may have calmed down and sanity returned.

Bob on the Christmas Zoom call


I am enjoying my second Christmas at Sunrise. My day started with Christmas greetings by Zoom  from Robert, Karen and Rufus, all three resplendent in Christmas jumpers, Owen’s a spectacular Welsh one. Nadolig Llawen!

I was sporting my first ever Christmas bow tie. After trying to tie it for nearly an hour last night one of the carers managed it in a minute this morning. 

Then it was downstairs for the get together and to receive our gifts from Sunrise.

I was patient, opening my presents under my Christmas tree mid morning. 

One was a magnificent photobook album from Robert, Karen and Owen, The Penarth Years, bringing back so many happy memories.

Highlight of the day was the Christmas lunch. More subdued than last year, with the table arrangements spoiled by spacing, with most of us on single tables.

The festively dressed carers and Sunrise team were as cheerful as ever, making it another happy day although I would love to see those masks and visors removed. 

But, thank you, everyone, you made it a special day day, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment