Thursday 17 December 2020

Coronavirus diary, Thursday 17 December


Another interesting day in Sunrise. A team arrived in the morning to produce a film on life here. 

The film crew from London set up a studio in the recently refurbished ground floor suite with lights and microphone, all very professional.

They interviewed a member of the staff, a carer and a resident, me. I had been asked to take part the day before.

We were given a list of question, mine quite lengthy, ranging from my life before I came to Sunrise, why I came and what life was like here. 

I was happier this time as, unlike my other interviews (for ITV’s Good Morning Britain), it was face to face, a relief as I have difficulty hearing the questions in remote, 'down the line' interviews.

It was an interesting morning, and I hope I covered all the points. The interviewer was excellent, clearly asking the questions and giving me time to answer.

The result was obviously too long and I am looking forward to see how it was edited.

After the interview there was a still photos session in the lounge when Virgil, Sunrise deputy general manager, two women residents and I were photographed dozens of times.

I am looking forward to seeing the result of a very enjoyable morning.

It made this blog today, the 293rd since I started in March. 

I had no idea then that it would last this long but there have been and still are so many twists and turns every week and the the end is not in sight. 

I am carrying on until March to complete a whole year when we all hope there will be a happy ending.

Robert and I have started editing to produce a book which we hope will be of interest and present a picture of this historic time, especially to young people like my great grand daughters, Rosa and Claudia, to whom it will be dedicated.

We have no title so far - one possibility is Corona the Nightmare Year.... A Care Home Diary - but are open to suggestions.




No comments:

Post a Comment