Monday 2 November 2020

Coronavirus diary, Monday 2 November

Scooting around!

What a change of lifestyle - again.  I am almost independent once more.

When  I came  back to Sunrise I wondered how I would manage to get around the flat with my booted broken ankle and the weakness after three weeks in bed.

It has been a struggle. Using my hospital walking aid I at first shuffled along a foot or so at a time. Slow and painful going. 

Then, yesterday, I realised I had my own transport - my scooter sitting in the corner. Problem solved.

Carers reorganised some of the furniture to make space.

Now, sitting comfortably, I can move effortlessly around the flat.

I can drive into the bedroom and bathroom - I can now shave myself, sitting down, and this morning I managed my first shower.

Now, able to  reach everything I need without calling for help I feel much freer - and happier.

I am sleeping well, enjoying the meals brought to my room and, even better. being able to chat, even if briefly, with the carers.

I think I shall have to stay in my room for another week or so but that is no hardship.

I made the right choice with my Turret suite and am getting back to a more normal life. I am so fortunate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment