Thursday 12 November 2020

Coronavirus diary, Thursday 12 November


Bob and his scooter

After more than 70 years driving I thought I would miss being behind the wheel. But I have found the answer - my shiny blue and silver electric scooter.

With its headlights, direction indicators and even a horn, it is ready for the road, top speed 8mph, or pavement, 4mph.

I was just starting to enjoy getting out and about, to the park and shops, when lockdown came eight months ago. The scooter has sat silently and sadly in my room ever since. 

Until this week, when it became my lifeline. With my heavily strapped broken ankle making movement painful and difficult, the scooter came to the rescue.

Now I am driving again all day, indoors, around my flat.


Bob on the starting grid...


It's my mini Monte Carlo circuit. 

Top speed, about 1mph -  on the straight - the 30 foot living room with detours into my bathroom and bedroom - watch that chair! 

Down to the restaurant for meals, painfully sliding from scooter to chair. 

Tired after a day 'on the road', it's time for bed.

My last journey. Into the dark bedroom, driving straight for the bed.

Headlights blazing, I tumble in.

Hard work driving, but exciting

Watch out, Mr Hamilton.

No comments:

Post a Comment