Tuesday 18 August 2020

Coronavirus diary, Tuesday 18 August


Life is inching back towards normality at Sunrise.

The doctors from the local health centre this week started their regular surgeries, using a room along the corridor from my flat. Much more  convenient than the time consuming visits to the Penarth surgery and the rigmarole of spending half an hour from 7.30am trying to get an appointment. I have just had the luxury of going to our smart salon for a haircut. After four months the 'resident' - visiting - hairdresser is back.

All very efficient, almost clinical.The face mask did not help conversation though. Even more pleased than I are the women.

The return of visitors, even if only for an hour in the gazebo on the lawn, has been successful. We are  all awaiting the day our family and friends can come to see us in our rooms, have a coffee in the bistro.  

The carers and staff, still masked, have stopped using their face shields which both they and the residents are pleased with. 

John, my friend, who used to live on Lakeside, was taken yesterday for an appointment with the dentist, Mrs Tatchel, who  has been in practice in Celyn Avenue for nearly fifty years.

I hope to have my deferred clinic appointments resumed soon.

The heatwave has encouraged me to drive out into the Sunrise grounds regularly. I have found a shaded spot where I listen to  music. Almost as good as the seaside. 

Small signs of progress, but encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment